Thursday, January 31, 2008

Book Buzz

  • It’s always big news in the book world when Oprah announces her latest book club pick. This month’s choice, A New Earth, is an interesting departure from the usual fiction books Oprah selects. As of publication, the book is #1 (and #19) on Amazon’s bestsellers list. Oprah’s magic continues. (The #3 and #4 book is also an Oprah selection: The Pillars of the Earth. In fact, at least 10 of the top 25 are books/authors featured on Oprah. I'm starting to suspect mind control.)
  • Eric Weiner continues to make the rounds promoting The Geography of Bliss. Not only was he featured on Nightline this week, but he even appeared on my local NPR station. (My copies of Bliss and People of the Book are finally available at the library. Now, if it would only stop snowing, I could leave the house to fetch them.)
  • Yes, People of the Book was once again featured in this week’s The New York Times Sunday Book Review section. (My goal is to finish the book this weekend so I can let you know if it is worth all the hype. I mean, wouldn’t you trust me over the The New York Times?)

No comments: