Thursday, February 28, 2008

Book Buzz

  • Since the film version comes out in theaters tomorrow, the “it” book of the moment is Philippa Gregory’s The Other Boleyn Girl. A few weeks ago, I realized I needed to read the book before seeing the movie. However, the queue at my library is 25-people strong, so I decided instead to listen to an electronic version while doing my housekeeping. Unfortunately, I am only 4 hours into the 24-hour recording. I don’t think I’ll be finishing any time soon.
  • If you can endure an exasperating, yet endearing, heroine, Sophie Kinsella’s Remember Me? came out this week. USA Today gave it a positive review. I’m still recovering from Becky Bloomwood’s escapades, so this may make a nice summer/beach read.
  • Rutka’s Notebook was released today. Rutka was a 14-year-old Jewish girl living in Poland during the Jewish Holocaust. Notebook contains several months of her diary entries during this time. The book was first published in Poland last year.

No comments: