Thursday, September 11, 2008

Book Buzz

  • Annie Proulx is back with Fine Just the Way It Is, a collection of short stories. The New York Times writes that Proulx’s “sense of story is admirable, her sentences are artful, and she writes like a demon.” USA Today calls Proulx “one of the best short-story writers working today.”
  • I keep running into The 39 Clues, described as a “multimedia, interactive adventureseries” that includes cards, books, games, and prizes. USA Today thinks the first book, The Maze of Bones by Rick Riordan, is “full of promise.”
  • Finally, the blog Pop Candy features “Twenty-five great high-school books.” I’m not sold on the list, but I will say that I did learn how to spell the word separate correctly when I read John Knowles’s A Separate Peace in high school.

No comments: